Our client operates a state-of-the-art bulk handling facility in Prince Rupert. The terminal receives products by rail and processes, sorts and stores them for loading onto ships bound for international markets. Reporting to the Operations Department, this position will ensure that all operational and staff resources are fully deployed and functioning consistently with department and company standards regarding health and safety, quality control, and housekeeping.
We are looking for a power engineer with a 4th class license or higher. This individual will manage the power boiler that they use to make grain screening pellets.
· Coordinate the bulk handling activities associated with receiving rail cars, cleaning, blending, and inspecting products to achieve the maximum benefit for the company.
· Coordinate the movement of the product for vessel shipping by accurately delivering the product to the vessel to meet the contract specifications of the sale.
· Manages the movement of the product using a Central Control System and participates in advancing technological change to improve operations.
· Communicates with external agencies to ensure the efficient and correct movement of the product through the terminal.
· Provides direction and leadership to staff while managing within a collective agreement.
· Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
· Oversees, maintains and enforces the standards of established Safety procedures, Plant rules, Canada Labour Code, Canada Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the collective agreement.
· Interface with vessels regarding Marine Transportation Security and loading requirements.
· 3-5 years of operations management or lead hand experience in a bulk handling facility OR rail experience – training and running crews.
· A degree is a major asset but not required.
· Any industrial tickets are a major asset.
· Power engineering and control room experience are also major assets.
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience with the ability to provide leadership and direction to others.
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate, lead and build effective relationships.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and achieve targets and meet deadlines.
· High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
· High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
· Experience in Railyard Operations, Agriculture, Power Engineering, Terminal Operations or the Maritime industry is an asset.
· Some mechanical aptitude.
· MS Office and report writing talents.
· Time and people management.
· Motivational skills.