Our client is focused on energy production. We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to join their team. This person is responsible for supervising the execution of production and logistic activities undertaken by front-line operational personnel in line with the schedule, standards and performance, cost, and volume. He or she will ensure quality business practices and standards are followed to achieve all set targets and organizational goals. This person will work on a rotation of weeks/nights with a stretch of 7 days off every 3 weeks.
Our client will provide relocation assistance and competitive remuneration for the right candidate.
- Promote and support the overall health, safety, and work environment by implementing and assisting in the enforcement of the requirements of site health and safety programs.
- Facilitate safe mine production with personnel and equipment for an area or shift. Directs all activities of a single shop or segment of the mining operations on rotating shifts.
- Perform timely updates and evaluations of scope of work requests prior to approval of weekly plans.
- Participate in pre-planning, planning, and scheduling meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources to the work schedule.
- Monitor equipment and personnel to accommodate the mining and extraction in a safe and efficient manner.
- Leading the work execution team in the daily work development for production activities, implementing necessary job assignments to work force to ensure a match of the work and equipment.
- Demonstrate and support the company’s code of conduct, promote, and support overall health, safety, and work environment.
- Perform related work as required.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in production/operations in the mining industry.
- Willing to relocate and live in Estevan, SK.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory experience.
- Dragline experience is a major asset.