Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of water/wastewater supplies for industrial, commercial, and municipal customers across Canada. They have exponentially grown in the last few years and are in need of a proactive, driven Technical Outside Sales Representative who will be responsible for managing an existing client base while looking for new business opportunities in British Columbia.
The Technical Outside Sales Representative will look after a well-established territory, with a focus on the Lower Mainland as well as Vancouver Island and Interior BC. One or two trips a year will be planned to visit customers in Northern BC as well.
Over the years, our client built an impeccable reputation, based on outstanding customer service, attention to detail, and ability to build long-term relationships with the major municipal, commercial, and industrial construction players in Canada. The company offers significant opportunities for growth as well as excellent training and support.
Previous waterworks experience is required. Candidates who are used to deal with Engineers and get products specified will be highly preferred.
- Build and maintain long-lasting relationships with existing customers, by following up on quotes, providing exceptional customer service, and solving any customer issue.
- Source, prospect and identify new customers and market the company’s products and services.
- Provide technical information, solutions and support on products, and work with a variety of professionals within the construction industry, such as contractors, developers, builders, engineers, and specifiers.
- Play an active role in industry associations and events.
- Work closely with the inside sales team to generate quotes. Proactively follow up on quotes and get products specified.
- Provide weekly updates and generate reports, as needed.
- Degree in Busines Management or related fields or a combination of education and field experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience, selling waterworks products.
- Self-motivated, driven, proactive individual with excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong sales skills and proven sales accomplishments as an outside sales representative.