Our client is a non-profit organization that supports individuals with disabilities. The organization has been around for 40+ years. At this time, they are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the Director of Finance with full cycle bookkeeping, including financial statements, review of the AP and the accounting related to payroll.
This will be a 20-hour-a-week role and will require that the individual work in the office for a portion of the time. LOCAL candidates only.
Accountable for the accurate entry of information leading to the timely presentation of Financial Statements. Including but not limited to:
- Recurring entries – Admin, prepaid, accruals
- Running Financial Statements
- Assist with yearly budget upload
- Remit Statutory Payments – Receiver General, Workers Compensation.
Accountable for oversight of the Accounts Payable approvals process. Including but not limited to:
- Manage APA system including processing invoices, expenses and exporting approved cheque, cash, training, and EFT batches
- Approve and sign cheques
- Assist with reconciliations
Accountable in concert with the Finance Team for accurate payroll. Including but not limited to:
- MPP – terminations and yearly reporting
- Statutory Not Worked calculations
- Departmental hours compared to budget
- Worksafe BC – 1/4ly reporting and yearly reporting
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices GAAP for Canada and for non-profits/charitable organizations in particular.
- Understanding of Payroll requirements for Canada and BC.
- Good understanding of Accounting software and proficient computer skills
- Ability to create and modify reports in EXCEL.
- Must participate in the culture of the organization.
- Anticipate needs and deal with issues proactively
- Calm down escalated situations
- Nurture leadership and independence
- Can allow others to take control of situations.
- Must be familiar with program budgets and the standards of a non profit organization
- Must be able to think strategically and communicate input re. the direction of the agency
- Must be able to assist with the design and implementation of training as needed
- Must be able to represent the agency at various meetings as required, in a positive, professional, proactive manner.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written, and desire to facilitate
- Knowledge of contractual obligations and internal standards
- Ability to ensure that all reporting requirements are met on an ongoing basis.