Our client is an equal opportunity employer. They are creative in the support and resources they provide to a wide range of individuals in Vancouver. Highly focused on community and empowering people.
Reporting to the HR Manager this role will focus on the processing of payroll and benefits for 250 employees. You will also have the opportunity to support the HR Manager with a variety of HR functions.
Payroll and Benefit administration:
- Maintains a relevant understanding of the organizations payroll system, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll and ensuring the ability to resolve employee issues
- Oversight of the benefits administration process, responsible for providing information to employees, addressing inquiries and resolving issues that arise. This includes health and welfare benefits as well as MPP for both included and exempt employees
Scheduling, Payroll/Benefits and Attendance Management
- Ensure the organizations attendance management process is effectively implemented and provide recommendations for improvement. Oversee a continuous timesheet analysis process, providing feedback and reports to Coordinators and Managers
- Oversight of the staff scheduling function, ensuring timely and accurate completion of schedules in accordance with internal and collective agreement protocols. Responsible for resolving scheduling issues that may arise and referring cases to the Senior HR Manager
- Support Managers with issues related to payroll
- Opportunity to support HR Manager with a range of HR functions such as; recruitment, on-boarding, training, performance management and employee recognition.
- University degree in business administration or related field with a focus on human resource management.
- Payroll Compliance Certificate
- Two to five years’ experience in payroll and benefits preferably in a union environment
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- High level of attention to detail
- Keen interest to grow, learn and support HR Manager
- Proven ability to communicate both verbally and written in an effective business manner across a broad range of stakeholders
- High degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work with and empathize with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, addiction issues or may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions