About our client:
For over five decades, our client has been a cherished icon in the heart of Vancouver. Now, they’ve transformed into a cutting-edge recreation haven, boasting first-class dining experiences. From a diverse array of facilities and programs to unparalleled service, they’ve solidified their status as one of Canada’s most prestigious private clubs.
- Ensure optimal functioning of club systems, including heating, cooling, electrical, and more.
- Conduct maintenance and repairs on plant equipment, minimizing downtime through contractor coordination.
- Manage ice-related tasks and perform general facility duties.
- Monitor and repair heating/air conditioning systems, electrical equipment, and perform routine maintenance.
- Conduct regular fire panel checks and organize annual fire drills.
- Effectively manage maintenance and engineering departments, assigning tasks and setting priorities.
- Schedule annual courses for engineers and ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Oversee relationships with vendors, contractors, and suppliers, optimizing resource allocation.
- Recruit, train, and supervise maintenance and engineering staff, conducting annual performance reviews.
- Handle general management duties, including scheduling, payroll, parts ordering, and communication with the Director of Operations.
- Minimum 10 years’ proven success in leadership roles.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in plant management.
- Mandatory 4th Class Power Engineer certification.
- Required Level 1 & 2 Pool Operator certificate.
- Mandatory IFO (Ice Facility Operator) certification.
- Preferred diploma or certificate in engineering.
- Familiarity with federal/provincial safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Experience with facility management software and maintenance tracking systems.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.