Our client is a leading Canadian Contracting Company specialized in ground improvement solutions. They have offices throughout Canada and are part of a larger international construction group. They are currently in need of an experienced Technical Development Engineer to join their Pre-Construction Team. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive compensation including base salary, annual bonus, company’s shares, health benefits, pension plan, paid time off, and a company vehicle.
Our client’s fast-moving environment is centered on teamwork and entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate is someone with a positive attitude, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and a quick learner. Previous construction experience is required as well as a strong technical background.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone driven and growth-oriented who eventually may be offered to take over the Western Canada Branch.
• Develop and maintain client accounts & relationships to produce sustainable revenue.
• Leverage these relationships to achieve higher capture rates, obtain negotiated projects, and maximize project gross margins.
• Meet or exceed yearly sales goals.
• Project a positive and professional image of the company.
• Work with Branch Manager to go through Go, No-Go process.
• Lead Preconstruction team.
• Develop a job specific sales strategy, including sales package.
• Participate and manage design/build and design/assist meetings.
• Prepare, review, and finalize bid package prior to customer delivery.
• Prepare and lead kick-off meetings.
• Review project contracts, provide notes when necessary.
• Be proactive in identifying issues and opportunities and solving problems.
• Routine visits to selected clients.
• Develop ongoing client-specific marketing/sales strategies.
- 10+ years of sales experience in construction or similar industries.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent title; P.Eng. highly preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Contracting and/or geotechnical experience is an asset.