Our client is a well-established construction sub-trade specializing in finishing carpentry for both commercial and residential projects in Vancouver and Lower Mainland. The founder of the company will eventually step aside and is looking for a new President who will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, with the support of all the long-term employees the organization has been counting on for years.
This is a key-role for the organization and requires someone with excellent communications and leadership skills, ability to build report with both clients and site crews as well as the ability to see the big picture and grow the company by improving strategies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience at the executive level within the construction industry, ideally on the carpentry side. This individual will initially work closely with the owner of the company to guarantee a smooth transition to having full control of the organization, while the current President/CEO will focus on different side projects.
This is a home-based position (the company has an office in Vancouver, if needed) and requires visits to clients and/or job sites in Vancouver and Lower Mainland.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful organization that has built a strong reputation over the years thanks to the passion, integrity and hard work of a well-established office and field teams.
- Work with owner and staff to guarantee field teams’ effectiveness and productivity.
- Assess and improve company’s strategies, procedures, and processes in order to foster growth, cost efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure safety programs, laws and regulations are fully respected.
- Secure new projects and look after the overall implementation until completion.
- Make sure projects are executed according to plans, drawings, specifications and building codes/schedules.
- Assist the team with planning, forecasting, and meeting hiring needs.
- 10+ years in construction with 5+ years in an executive role. Previous experience on the carpentry side is a strong asset.
- Diploma or Degree in Building Science, Engineering, Architecture or any construction related course.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction processes, project management, estimating, scheduling, procurement, regulations, safety, etc.
- Hands-on approach, ability to solve problems and to be a strong point of reference to internal and external teams.
- Ability to mentor and guide the field teams’ Supervisors to meet deadlines and face issues.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail-oriented, customer-focused, team player.