Our client is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals. We are looking for Process Engineer/Chemical Engineer to join their team, reporting to the Technical Manager.
This individual is responsible for the continuous improvement of production by evaluating solutions that are safe, cost effective, environmentally sound, and that maintain high standards for product quality. This position involves understanding the production process, occupational safety standards and how to handle a particular type of chemical. We are looking for someone with solid engineering skills in a processing plant, where he or she has optimized and troubleshooted processes and managed process improvement products.
We are open to looking at candidates to re-locate to Prince George for this position and relocation assistance will be provided.
- Review operating conditions for variations and recommend corrective actions
- Identify and develop process changes and modifications to enhance operating reliability and product quality and to improve efficiencies of key resources
- Monitor and review performance against environmental regulations and permits as well as process KPI’s
- Lead capital projects, process evaluations, and incident investigations
- Propose and implement process and procedural changes in accordance with policies
- Identify and develop control mechanisms to improve reliability and efficiency of plant operations
- Ensure that resources are optimized to achieve cost reduction targets
- Assist in development of process control strategy and implementation
- Assist or lead loop tuning and process variable monitoring
- Comply with Mandatory Safety Standards and Responsible Care Codes of Practice.
- Adhere to and perform work tasks in a manner which complies with all plant safety rules, policies, standard operating/inspection procedures and to encourage others to do the same in order to protect the safety and health of all team members.
- Participate in safety programs, training and drills to increase safety self-awareness.
- Maintain and review systems which impact process safety (procedures, process changes, training, refresher, new installation training, system audits, etc.) such that the integrity of the management system is maintained.
- Participate in safety reviews
- Research, document, organize, initiate, manage, and commission projects within approved scope, budget, and schedule
- Plan project execution with minimum disruption of regular plant production
- Define project schedules and keep stakeholders informed of project status
- Write AFE’s and follow-up reports
- Coordinate installation and commissioning of new installations
- Obtain understanding, support, and cooperation from plant personnel on process improvement projects
- Participate in quality training and monitor processes to ensure that quality product is manufactured to customer specifications
- Investigate customer complaints as necessary to maintain or surpass customer and corporate standards
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement processes through ISO and Responsible Care management systems
- Exercise a broad charter with respect to the work performed and how it is accomplished, provided the chosen actions follow the business goals, budget, and corporate standards. Projects totaling more than a specific financial amount, or requiring overtime, must follow the corporate approval process
- Achieving department cost controls while effectively servicing the diverse needs of the plant
- Assignments often require scientific observations and analyses
- Complex problems will require involvement of key operational and maintenance team members, on-site subject matter experts, and possible coordination of outside resources
- Develop alternative solutions, identifying risks and benefits, and root causes of problems or incidents
- Keep up to date with technology improvements
- Chemical engineer degree
- 5-7 years of process engineering experience in a heavy industry plant
- Experience with chemical manufacturing is a major asset
- Eng. is an asset
- Experience in heavy industrial or chemical technical applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized