Our client is a well-established manufacturer of integrated communications systems. They serve a variety of industries, such as Emergency and Public Safety Agencies, Utilities and Transportation Companies. They are expanding and adding a Product Marketing Manager who can be based anywhere in Washington State, USA or British Columbia, Canada. A hybrid model (combination of office and remote work) would be their preference, but they are open to discuss alternative solutions.
The Product Marketing Manager serves as the critical conduit between the company’s Marketing Communications, Product Management and Sales functions, all while being a leading internal authority and representative voice on behalf of the customer markets our client serves regarding their solutions. The PMM utilizes cross-functional internal relationships/channels and establishes external channels to bring market intelligence into the product planning process. Downstream in the product lifecycle the PMM owns the messaging framework and development/execution of product marketing programs, collateral, and various sales enablement tools that enable the company to accelerate solution sales cycles through direct/indirect channels to achieve its go-to-market objectives.
This position will not have direct reports to begin with and will have the chance to build a Product Marketing team along the way, which means growth and career advancement opportunities!
- Market Definition & Intelligence – Develop market segmentation and establish/maintain Product Marketing as the knowledge base on core solution markets, buyer personas, buying criteria, pricing, competitive landscapes, and unique selling propositions that arm Marcom and Sales teams to win.
- Product Messaging Framework & Content Development – Work closely with Product Management to author robust product messaging and marketing/sales content to be leveraged across multiple direct/indirect channels and in support of a wide marketing mix.
- Voice of Customer (VoC) Program – Develop and own the VoC initiative by working within our client’s customer markets and cross-functionally to define, manage and provide analysis from customer and market feedback, including win/loss, CSat/NPS, Customer Advisory Board (CAB) and Users Group programs.
- Product Planning – Utilize VoC analysis and solution/market inputs to partner with Product Management in helping define near- and long-term marketing requirements for incorporation into product requirements/roadmaps. Conduct customer and partner visits, and feedback sessions to engage with buyers, and capture/assimilate market input related to product commercialization.
- Product Launch/Release – Plan and execute the launch and iterative releases of core solutions/features/functions and manage the cross-functional implementation/execution of all release plans, including internal/external communication of business/marketing/sales and technical materials (e.g., competitive analyses, product specifications, demo scripting, RFP Responses, etc.).
- Sales Enablement – Craft and communicate the localized (i.e., international) and segment-specific (i.e., verticals) value propositions of solutions to Marketing Communications, Sales, Partners and other cross-functional teams, and develop tools that support the selling process, including sales and partner training and enablement materials for internal and external teams (e.g., positioning statements, sales sheets/tools, white papers, presentations, trade event materials, webinars, playbooks, demo environments, product tours, eLearning, thought leadership content, etc.).
- Product Evangelist – Plan and lead ongoing marketing campaigns and product awareness worldwide to educate our client’s markets on solution capabilities, competitive differentiation, and customer success. Translate product features and functionality into crisp, powerful benefits for business use cases.
- Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or similar/equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years of B2B/B2G product marketing experience for technology products/solutions; Pragmatic Marketing training/certification/knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in electronics, telecommunications, technical communications, IT or related industry. At least basic knowledge of Land Mobile Radio communications systems or related is highly preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides similar relevant domain expertise.
- Excellent people skills; ability to interact and collaborate effectively with colleagues, cross-functional teams, leadership and third parties. Able to build rapport and connect with customers and partners. Great team player and individual contributor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write/originate strong marketing/sales content and deliver a compelling story. Strong presenter and speaker.
- Proven research and analytical skills; resourceful and creative in identifying information sources and able to efficiently organize, assimilate and draw actionable conclusions/recommendations from data collected.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits is crucial.
- Ability to think strategically while implementing tactically, balancing sales and partner needs with a high level of flexibility.
- In-depth understanding of sales – what drives salespeople, how to communicate with them, and the details of the sales process – supporting the need to drive to results.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and drive multiple cross-functional people to accomplish goals and drive programs to successful conclusion without possessing “managerial authority.”
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access).