Our client is an established construction contracting firm specializing in the distribution and installation of specialty products required in commercial construction industry. They have been a leader in the North American market for over 30 years and complete 100s of installation projects each year.
The Richmond Branch is growing and requires a Project Accountant to support the Project Management team and Sales. You will report to the Director of Finance in Toronto and will be the sole accounting person supporting the Richmond team.
Please note the location is best accessed by car.
- Calling customers to collect outstanding accounts, holdbacks & working with Project Managers to implement shipping holds
- Customer invoicing, specific to the construction industry, including progress draws (experience with Textura is an asset)
- Invoice entry & check preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit applications & approvals for customers
- Monthly inventory
- PST/GST filing and remittance; WCB filing
- Collaborating with Project Managers and the Sales & Estimating team
- Project profit/loss tracking
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Interest and experience in the construction industry
- Post-secondary degree from a Community College or University
- Experience with an accounting software package
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with customers on the phone
- Positive and willing to commit