Our client is the largest producer and supplier of a high-end niche product in North America. Applications vary from industrial, residential, commercial, and agricultural. They can count on 30 years of history and a solid reputation within their field.
They are currently adding a Project Engineer (Mechanical) to their team. The new hire will be responsible for the planning and execution of various capital and maintenance projects as well as supporting the development of short and long-term plans for improvements to machinery, equipment, buildings, and grounds. The ideal candidate already possesses or is working towards a P. Eng designation. The position will be based at their Richmond, BC location.
This is a long-term opportunity offering the chance to work for a Canadian organization with a strong international footprint.
- Manage capital projects including the development of project requirements, project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Prepare engineering plans, specifications, and drawings as required to complete the project scope of work.
- Create and manage cross-functional project teams when necessary for major projects.
- Work with in-house designers, consultants, subcontractors, and vendors to develop detailed engineering deliverables.
- Review engineering project deliverables supplied by others for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with project requirements.
- Coordinate in-house maintenance personnel and subcontractors during construction, installation, and commissioning activities of projects.
- Ensure project deliverables are met and completed on time and on budget.
- Provide hands-on support to Operations and Maintenance personnel with troubleshooting process equipment and manufacturing machinery in the plant.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to ongoing product development and manufacturing improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered OR in the process of being eligible for a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation with EGBC.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an engineering department, with at least 3 years of project management experience.
- Familiarity with industrial plant and process equipment (rotating machinery, piping, pumps, etc.)
- Past on-site experience in an industrial environment an asset.
- Previous detailed engineering and machine design experience.
- Ability to problem solve and expedite solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while balancing safety and quality issues.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong proficiency to read, interpret and review technical documentation including P&ID’s, electrical diagrams, piping drawings, structural steel and machinery drawings.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to multitask, make well-defined and supported decisions that meet deadlines with minimum supervision while balancing demands from several sources.
- Strong sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and a proven history of relentless execution.
- This position will require some travel, international and domestic (once/twice a quarter).