Our client is a well-established, rapidly growing structural engineering firm serving Canada and the USA. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, they deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
They are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic Project Engineer who will provide structural design for multiple residential, commercial, institutional, and educational projects. The ideal candidate will have proven project management skills to empower and positively influence their project teams while showing a strong understanding of buildable design solutions.
This is a full-time, permanent position offering the opportunity to work for a company taking pride in an inclusive, supportive environment and providing the chance to eventually become a company’s shareholder!
- Responsible for the planning and execution of multiple structural engineering projects, including the management of project hours, invoicing, and billing projections
- Produce preliminary structural sketches and prepare calculations and sketches for structural elements
- Review and provide feedback on high-level concepts, calculations and structural specifications to Junior Engineers
- Seal drawings as required as the Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Assist and provide input in preparing proposal submissions
- Maintenance and development of business network opportunities
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- Registered as a Structural Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (mandatory)
- 6+ years of direct experience designing commercial, residential, and municipal buildings in Canada
- Experienced in managing structural design teams to meet multiple project deadlines
- Proficient with Canadian Building & Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- Expertise in building design and construction in concrete and wood
- Adept with structural analysis software such as ETABS and SAFE
- Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong capacity to assess information and communicate decisions that support sound judgement and experienced analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment, building strong, empowered relationships that support common goals and objectives