Position and Company Profile: Global Engineering company with a branch office in Vancouver requires a CPA or CPA student at the final stages of designation to join their team. You will be the sole Accountant at the Vancouver location and will report to the Branch Director and to the Controller in the UK. You enjoy being the accounting ‘go-to’ for the team.
- Record financial transactions for project and branch
- Prepare financial statements
- Set up projects and monitor progress
- Report on project transactions
- Coordinate approval of invoices, release of payments and provide reports and analysis as needed
- Review invoices and project costing to ensure posted to the correct budget and cost codes
- Revenue recognition
- Account reconciliations
- Work in Progress
- Cost of complete projects
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts
- Ideally CPA designation or a CPA Student at final stages of designation.
- Will consider applicants with proven experience in construction/engineering project accounting.
- Five years’ experience ideally in project accounting.
- DELTEK Vision software experience a plus.
- Able to work independently and show initiative.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Organized and strong attention to detail.