Our client is a transportation infrastructure provider. We are looking for a Project Manager to join their team. Ideally this person will have a minimum of 8 years of project management experience and an electrical engineering background. He or she will have strong communication skills, conflict management abilities and experience communicating with a variety of stakeholders. He or she will have full project management lifecycle experience.
We are looking for candidates who come from transportation authorities or rail companies where passengers are transported. Our client is open to relocation for the right candidate.
- Plans, manages, executes, and controls all aspects of assigned capital projects involving larger scope, risk, impact and sensitivity, in alignment with the divisional strategy and departmental objectives.
- Leads the strategic planning of the assigned capital projects, including defining the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management; creating business cases/justifications and work plans, determining the objectives and measurements, determining the budget, resources, and stakeholders; setting up the project schedule and review plan.
- Manages and monitors the assigned projects throughout the implementation stage, including executing the project according to project plan; creating project management records and documentations; monitoring the project progress and financial status of project. Anticipates and proactively manages change throughout the project life cycle.
- Prepares contracts, Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Tender documents for projects, including terms and conditions, scope of work definition, technical requirements and specifications, project specific requirements and project schedule constraints.
- Presents and reports the project progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and key project metrics to senior leadership teams. Provides suggestions and recommendations to the senior leadership teams on risk management and project delivery.
- Manages cross functional project teams and stakeholders across the enterprise. Develops and maintains a respectful and productive relationship with all stakeholders.
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of the project.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations on engineering project management standards, governance, and procedures to continuously improve the enterprise project management practices.
- Provides technical and project management guidance to Project Managers and Project Coordinators at lower levels.
- Electrical engineering or electrical mechanical degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of project management experience.
- Experience working as a project manager with a transportation authority or a rail company that transports passengers.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with any of the following is a major asset: automatic train control, data network and telecommunications, SCADA systems, AC and DC power and distribution systems, operational safety systems, testing and commissioning activities.