Our client is a successful public practice in Smithers, BC. They provide full-service bookkeeping, financial accounting, and consulting services to a wide range of clients. Their emphasis is on compilation engagements for small, privately held corporations.
They are looking for an Accountant who is interested in becoming involved with the leadership, management, and potential ownership of the firm.
Suitable candidates must be registered for public practice or qualify to be registered.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the great outdoors and activities that life in Smithers can offer you.
· CPA Designation complete
· Team leadership for various engagements and/or manager of office for a medium to large firm
· Technical and working knowledge of both personal and corporate taxes; emphasis on tax aspects of small, privately held corporations
· Minimum five years experience with preparation of compilation and review engagements
· Two – three years bookkeeping experience preferred utilizing Sage and/or Quickbooks desktop and online versions
· Proficient in MS Office including Microsoft Word and Excel
· Highly proficient in Caseware and Cantax T1/T2 programs or similar programs
· Excited to take on new challenges and the ability to learn new software with ease
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Enjoys working with clients of various backgrounds and can identify the specific needs of that client
· Developing and managing client and staff relationships
· Organized, efficient, confidential, and reliable
· Self-reliant, self-starter, strategic planner
· Excellent time management skills
· Financial and business management skills including analyzing profit and loss, risk analysis and financial forecasting
· Ability to work longer hours when needed while fostering and striving toward a team environment where families work/life balance are considered keys to success
· Ability to see the needs of a growing company and managing workload efficiently and effectively
· Ability to provide and support a safe and friendly working environment while encouraging staff growth
· Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
· Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
· Values personal and professional integrity
· Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure; resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles
· Ability to collaborate well with our association with a financial management group for client sharing opportunities
· Desire to work and live in a small, stunningly beautiful, northern community with all of the advantages of small town life and outdoor activities