Our client is a wonderful, people-centered, non-profit organization. As a Recruiter, you will gain HR experience while working on this supportive team.
Under the guidance and direction of the HR Manager, the HR Recruiter works with the Directors of Programs, Managers, Finance, Administration, and others to help plan and recruit for the ongoing Staffed Homes, Day Supports, Individualised Supports, other programs, as well as the administrative requirements of the organization. These include sourcing, screening, recruiting; employee referrals, liaising with external parties (such as colleges, universities, etc.), organizing recruitment fairs, and realizing multiple opportunities to build greater community awareness for the organization to attract future qualified and quality applicants.
- Communicates and collaborates with Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Administration Centre staff, to determine location-specific recruiting needs. Specific accountability for all areas and roles.
- Generates applications – ensures that there is an adequate applicant pool by writing, posting, and placing advertisements, postings, and website information as needed. Continually looks for new ways to source quality candidates including the use of social media. Develops post-secondary relationships and conducts community outreach/networking.
- Reviews incoming employment resumes and applications, and coordinates and conducts phone and in-person interviews.
- Ensures the hiring manager is given relevant applicant information for second interviews and works directly with them to accomplish a successful hire. Coordinates final interviews with Managers and Coordinators as appropriate.
- Extends offers of employment.
- Maintains the CLS Counsellor Relief List and works with the HR Manager and Advisors to review the relief process for optimal usage and efficiency.
- Oversees special recruiting projects to include government subsidy projects or other special projects such as Job Fairs, etc. Organizes themselves and other employees to attend these opportunities on a regular basis.
- Collates all recruiting data – hiring information for presentation and discussion at HR/Ops weekly meetings and quarterly HR analysis meetings. This can include pertinent information on comparable salaries of frontline and Leader positions at other organizations, CSSEA, union and non-union providers within the sector and externally.
- Works directly with the Human Resources Advisors when team scheduling changes are implemented that require additional staffing.
- Participates on committees and task forces including for Accreditation and others as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A minimum of two years of fast-paced recruiting experience is required.
- Formal HR education (certificate, diploma, or degree) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of the labor market, Employment Law, BC Employment Standards Act, and BC Human Rights Code.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proof of ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple urgent priorities.
- Detail and quality-oriented with the ability to follow tasks through from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- A quick learner, adaptable, flexible, mature, tactful and self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 with a technical aptitude.
- Genuine commitment to the organization’s mission, values, and philosophy and working knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset.