Our client is a well-established electrical contractor and system integrator offering a wide variety of services for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial projects.
They are currently in need of a Regional Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the Service Team while hunting and managing key accounts in Vancouver/Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate is someone with previous experience in the construction industry (sales/project/service management) and with outstanding organizational, communication and management skills. Knowledge of the financial aspects of construction, from budgeting to forecasting, is essential. Previous experience in the electric sector is a strong asset.
The company has been extremely stable even during covid and has several new projects lined-up that can guarantee long-term job security. They are well-respected leader within their industry and offer a competitive compensation. This is a high-level, strategic role that requires someone with exceptional business acumen and leadership skills. Position is based in Burnaby, BC.
- Drive profitable growth in the Lower Mainland Region and perform account representative sales activities related to new and existing Key Customers.
- Oversee the performance and activities of all service in the Lower Mainland.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools.
- Represent the company with industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations for the purpose of developing relationships with customers, contractors and community leaders.
- Provide employees timely and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
- Develop the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Provide leadership and accountability oversight for the services teams.
- Review customer feedback and ensure retention of customers.
- Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
- 10+ years in a Customer Service-related environment
- Electrical TQ or Electrical engineering degree or diploma or equivalent
- Project Management Certification an asset
- Financial Management courses
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience
- Superior management skills, ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant and result-oriented
- Excellent English communication skills