Our client is a rapidly expanding biotechnology company developing a novel live-cell gene delivery platform. They currently have several active programs in clinical and preclinical spaces. The successful candidate will have extensive technical experience in design of sensitive and quantitative cellular and molecular assays for the purpose of target validation and preclinical development of novel biological therapies.
- Research, design and carry out in vitro preclinical studies to identify and characterize potential new therapy targets for early-stage development
- Evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays to improve in-house projects associated with the platform development and external collaborations
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental data within scientific team meetings and to executive leaders
- Coordinate the execution of cellular and molecular assays to evaluate transgene expression & functional activity in vitro (cell culture supernatants, cell lysates, post-vivo tissue samples)
- PhD in Molecular & Cellular Biology, or Biochemistry with at least 3+ years of experience in industrial preclinical therapeutic R&D.
- Extensive experience in tissue culture techniques, specifically cell transfection, cell-based reporter assays (luminescence and fluorescence measures), immunofluorescence cytometry (IFC), and functional cell-based assay (evaluation of functional membranous and secreted proteins).
- Experience in multi-well, high-throughput formats for molecular and cellular assays and familiarity with multi-mode microplate readers
- recombinant protein expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, protein extraction and purification from cells and tissue samples, protein SDS-PAGE & Western blot, ELISA; experience in chromatography would be an asset.