Our client is a European based global trading company in the industrial chemical sector. Their international sales reach, technical capabilities and market intelligence are second to none and are coupled with a reputation for integrity, dependability and reliability. They have grown internationally over the past 20 years and have a dozen offices around the world.
Considered candidates will be senior commercial managers with education and experience in the industrial chemical industry. They will be the vendors trusted advisor regarding markets and trends, and their liaison to the direct sales force and the end customers. They will be direct the sales team in Asia and provide guidance to all parties involved. A technical chemical background is of the utmost importance in this position and will be a necessity.
- Manage major supplier relationships at the most senior levels in regards to the Asia market.
- Manage expectations of suppliers and customers while providing industry trends and market intelligence & news.
- Coordination with sales managers providing insight and direction when necessary.
- Travel and joint visits with suppliers and customers as well as attending various conferences.
- Help prepare topics for discussion at said conferences and liaise with clients and customers.
- Ongoing preparation and review of frequent and monthly market reports.
- Provide direction of reports to managers with specific information regarding certain suppliers.
- Create reports based on joint visits with suppliers.
- Participate in monthly pricing based on company and market data.
- Help develop future strategies and be a part of the development and introduction of new products.
- Prepare market and customer presentations for the acquisition of new suppliers.
- Initiate and moderate telephone sales conferences with suppliers.
- Coordination of technical or chemical topics between customers and suppliers.
- Ability to re-locate to Hong Kong with a possibility of remote work in Asia or Europe.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management role in the industrial chemical industry.
- Outgoing and communicative person with a stable personality and excellent English skills.
- Understanding of Asian culture and work practices.
- Understanding of a trader’s mentality as well as that of commodity manufacturers.
- Strong background and knowledge of chemical processes and products.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills.
- MBA is not necessary but will be considered an asset.
- Masters degree or better in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.