Our client is a global manufacturer of processing equipment and systems used in the production of cosmetics, personal care products, food, and pharmaceuticals. They currently require a Sales Engineer to join their team for capital equipment and system sales. The territory will be dependent on where the successful incumbent is located.
Working from a remote office in the territory, with overnight travel estimated at 50%, the position will aggressively market the employer’s equipment capabilities and pursue equipment and project sales through all available channels in engineering, corporate, and plant organizations.
Successful candidates will have substantial experience selling capital equipment and/or processing systems into the food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, personal care, and related industries. They will understand the industry geography of the territory, have a network within these industries, and have the technical education and experience to become a product and subject matter expert for the employer.
Candidates will be self-motivated, self-managed, well organized, and able to develop strong relationships at all levels of client organizations, EPC, and engineering firms. They will be skilled presenters of technical and financial proposals and have a track record of achieving sales targets.
Our client offers an above-average base salary, incentive pay, excellent medical/dental benefits, car allowance, and all business expenses.
This position can be based anywhere in the Northeast United States, such as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. We may also consider qualified candidates located in the Midwest.
- Source, prospect and identify customers and market the company’s products in the assigned territory
- Assess client needs and provide sales solutions
- Manage relationships with existing clients, including EPCs and engineering firms
- Provide technical information, solutions, and support on products
- Create and maintain long-lasting customer relationships through high-quality customer service
- Conduct sales presentations
- Work with regional sales representatives to promote the company’s products and services
- Record key customer information in the CRM system
- Liaise with the European head office
- 5 years of experience selling process equipment (ideally industrial mixers or related engineered systems)
- Engineering degree or related experience
- At least 5 years of experience selling process equipment to personal care, pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, or anything related to the hygienic manufacturing industry
- Extremely self-motivated and able to work individually and remotely
- Growth minded – driven to grow the territory and increase sales
- Strong sales skills and proven sales accomplishments as a sales engineer