As a Sales Manager for Mexico, you are responsible to develop and conduct business on your own initiative. You strive to gain and improve market knowledge and develop a positive reputation among all business partners for yourself and the company. You constantly work to further develop your existing business and search for new business opportunities.
You act as a middle-person between suppliers, customers, and business partners. By doing so, you find the right balance to suit the interest of all parties involved including those of the business.
Our client is looking for a driven, motivated hunter to join their team in Mexico City. If you are looking to take your career to a new level, this could be the role for you. Personality is everything! They are looking for someone with charisma and energy to get their foot in the door with the customer, develop a great relationship and ultimately make a sale and gain a customer long term. Our client covers all the paper needs of the packaging industry and is looking to expand their client basis throughout Mexico.
Sales of packaging board and packaging papers in Mexico, including the following services for existing customers:
- Daily information exchange with customers and supervising manager
- Regular visits to existing customers (visiting clients at least 50% of the time)
- Support supervising manager with joined customers visits, visit reports, etc.,
- Attendance of relevant fairs and conferences (such as AICC Mexico, ExpoPack, etc.)
- Development of new potential customers and suppliers:
- Build and maintain relationships with new customers in Mexico mainly via on-site visits and also meetings at conferences.
- Regularly visit small, medium, and large customers in accordance with the strategy defined by supervising manager.
- Get customer information about demand, qualities, current suppliers, and applications and share this with supervising manager.
- Develop business in new geographic regions within Mexico
- Build and maintain relationships with potential new suppliers in Mexico, for exports to Central America and surrounding regions.
- Sales manager Mexico will:
- Communicate with CS about shipment details, documentation, and any relevant order-related information.
- Communication in Spanish and English language where applicable
- Support supervising manager with relevant information for setting up credit lines with customers (such as collecting customers’ financial statements, etc.).
- Keep CS employees regularly informed on payment situations for each customer.
- Support supervising manager and CS with the required information for claim handling.
- Weekly report to supervising manager (for a defined period upon job start)
- Create customer visit reports promptly for CRM use according to the template.
- Monthly sales meetings with supervising manager according to the agenda
- Provide yearly budget upon request.
- Connections to the paper industry and assets but not necessary
- Great personality
- Excellent written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be a hustler/go-getter
- Motivated and driven to succeed personally and professionally
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Sales experience, proven track record. Experience with very large purchase orders.