Our client is a well-established manufacturer of high-quality marine products with numerous facilities around the world. Due to their ambitious expansion strategy in North America, they are looking for a Sales Manager who will look after existing accounts in both Canada and US, while pursuing new business opportunities to grow the company’s client base.
This position is tailored for someone with previous regional sales experience (Western Canada or even BC territory) and strong leadership abilities. The ideal candidate comes from the marine, aquaculture or related industries and is looking for a bigger challenge with international exposure.
The incumbent will support the leadership team with strategic development, revenue growth, as well as building a larger sales & marketing team. Extensive training will be offered.
- Coordinate the sales efforts toward the accomplishment of company’s objectives;
- Create and foster a sales culture of accountability and performance;
- Maintain and constantly improve the organization’s competitive position;
- Coach and mentor sales team on sales process and methodology;
- Provide business strategies and solutions in order to increase market penetration and company revenue;
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity;
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities;
- Attend tradeshows, mainly in North America.
- 7+ years of successful B2B sales experience in the marine, aquaculture or related industries. Ability to coach, mentor, lead and grow the sales team;
- Excellent communication, team building, coaching and motivational skills;
- Strong understanding of financial analysis as relates to sales and marketing strategies and decision making;
- Ability to focus on optimal results producing strategies and tactics;
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing or related disciplines is preferred.