Our client is a local boutique lumber company looking for their new Sales & Production Assistant.
The candidate will be responsible for various duties from shipping, logistics, sales, and mill area.
She/ he will report to the Controller on the company and will interact with most of the company departments.
This is a long- term opportunity offering in-depth training so the new hire can develop and grow within the company environment. There is a potential to develop more responsibilities in the future.
- Monitor product shortage and coordinate product availability
- Arrange movements of products located at multiple divisions and plan overall shipments of the sales orders
- Go through overall open sales orders and close complete orders when everything is shipped and invoiced
- Arrange pick-ups of purchased stock from vendors
- Manually receive tallies for each purchase order
- Download tallies from TW4.5 to TW6.1 or manually input to TW6.1
- Line up trucks for delivered sales orders when directed by sales
- Assist Production Manager in building planer runs, creating POs, and allocating tags accordingly
- Track all cost assigned to each planer run, such as transportation, reloading, and manufacturing
- Organize trucks for planer runs: from mills to reman-facilities, transfer between various reman-facilities, from outside purchase etc.
- Follow up shipping status and resolve shipping issues
- Develop customer account reports, when directed by the sales
- Organize package modifications such as re-wrapping and re-packaging
- Answer incoming phone calls
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in the admin/ sales supporting role
(within the manufacturing or logistics environment ideally)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Presentable verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality over all matters and proprietary information
- Prioritize work to meet goals or deadlines
- Ability to be detail-oriented & flexible/adaptable is essential