Our client is a well-respected rescue service and safety equipment organization. We are looking for an Outside Sales Representative to join their team. This individual will spend around 60-70% of the time working with existing customers and leads, and 20-30% of the time working to secure new clients or sales.
This position is a combination of outside sales, inside sales and marketing functions.
Previous experience in volunteer fire fighting, search and rescue or the military is a major asset. Proven sales accomplishments in industrial safety sales or a related industry is required.
- Establish, build, and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers
- Secure new customers in various industries
- Define and develop new markets
- Prepare quotes, proposals, and bids
- Prepare handoff forms for jobs
- Attend/host industry meetings and presentations
- Organize and attend trade shows and conferences
- Prepare custom collateral for industries/customers
- Respond to customer enquiries
- Close sales from enquiries
- Support/backup equipment sales role
- 3-5 years of professional sales experience selling industrial safety or rescue services
- Previous experience in industrial safety sales or a related industry is required
- A solid understand of the safety industry
- Familiarity with fire service as well as search and rescue services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and lead projects
- Ability to collaborate with other divisions to ensure team success
- Comfortable with technology and good computer skills
- Previous experience in volunteer fire fighting, search and rescue or the military is a major asset
- Experience working with mining and transportation is a major asset