Our client has earned a reputation as a trusted and innovative Canadian wholesaler and propagator, producing over 600 acres of high-quality products in their state-of-the-art tissue culture lab and propagation house. They are looking for a Sales Representative who will work with customers within their assigned region to ensure a smooth sales process. They are responsible for developing leads and seeking opportunities to present additional products to current customers.
- Build relationships with new and established customers to provide superior customer service.
- Identify new sales opportunities by understanding customers’ current and future needs.
- Provide support for outside/independent sales representatives.
- Maintain current product knowledge.
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and fax.
- Enters orders into internal CRM.
- Regularly visit 3 other sites to examine orders and inventory in general.
- Documents all pertinent customer information and conversations.
- Attends trade shows as required.
- Visits customers as needed.
- Follow all safety procedures
- 5+ years of experience in horticulture. Experience with wholesale customers in the nursery and landscape industry is an asset.
- Experience with wholesale customers in nursery or landscape business.
- Experience using inventory software for order entry, reviewing sales, and strategizing.
- Exceptional plant knowledge is preferred.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, inventory management systems, and online conferencing systems (i.e. Zoom).
- Well-organized and self-motivated.