Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of packaging solutions to the biopharma and food industries. They have facilities in North America and Europe and are currently in need of a Business Development Manager in the Seattle area. The candidate will build, grow and look after the Western US territory, with main focus on the Seattle area (90%).
The ideal candidate is a hunter who accepts challenges, a person with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who gets excited about building a business and growing his/her own territory. Being self-driven, dynamic, organized, and having a strong sense of urgency are among the main requirement to be successful in this position. The company offers a competitive base salary, a rewarding (uncapped) commission structure, and a supportive environment. A few existing accounts will be inherited as well.
Previous B2B sales experience in pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech, food/CPG (consumer packaged goods), packaging or logistics industry is preferred.
- Identify viable clients and connect with them through cold calling/emailing/prospecting initiatives.
- Generate and follow up on leads and set up face-to-face meetings with prospective clients.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients.
- Capitalize on networking opportunities through trade shows, conferences, corporate events.
- Identify client needs and meet deadlines.
- Work along with the internal teams to provide customers with quality products and outstanding service.
- Prepare and deliver product presentations.
- Create business proposals to be presented to clients.
- Work both in team and autonomously and keep track of all the sales activities.
- 3+ years of experience in a B2B sales role, within the packaging, biopharma, medical device, biotech, or CPG/food industries.
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment.
- Negotiation skills, professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to interact with people by phone, emails and face to face.
- Recognize new business opportunities and pursue them with persistency.
- Respond to requests for price quotations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.