Our client is a family-owned business that has grown to have multiple offices over the last 55 years. They are in the manufacturing and wholesale of lumber industry. Currently, they are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Head Office in Chemainus. Relocation support is available on a case-by-case basis. This position will be responsible for full-cycle accounting and reviewing the work of payroll. They will be a key support for the CFO.
· Will handle the finances for the smaller operations for the organization.
· Preparation of monthly financials.
· Oversee the completion of all reconciliations, payroll, AP, AR, inventory reconciling, and adjustments.
· Provide monthly cash flow actual and forecast reporting.
· Will support the CFO with any ad hoc tasks.
· Has obtained their Canadian CPA designation or is close to finishing.
· Has a college diploma/university degree in accounting or a related field.
· A few years’ experience at a public practice firm or manufacturing company is an asset.
· Experience with an ERP system is key. (Ex: Truckmates or Oracle)
· Be extremely detail oriented, organized, and have well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Take initiative and be flexible in dealing with problems and unknown situations.