Our client is a successful family-run business in the manufacturing industry. They have been in business for 50+ years. The current Senior Accountant is moving to another city and hence the reason for the opening.
Sounds like this company has a great accounting team. They are collaborative, have fun, and get work done. We are looking for a Senior Accountant that will fit in well with this team. The Senior Accountant will be a ‘go-to’ for the 10-person accounting team.
Candidates need to be in the final stages of CPA designation or recent graduates. Experience in a manufacturing environment would be a plus. This is an in-office position that offers a good work-life balance. Rare overtime. Free parking and also close to transit.
· Perform month-end system closing for all entities.
· Perform Balance Sheet and General Ledger account reconciliations – AR, AP, Intercompany, Prepaid and Payroll liability, etc. accounts for all entities.
· Perform daily CashBook reconciliations for all bank accounts.
· Manage intercompany expenses allocation and reconcile intercompany billing.
· Prepare month-end accrual and adjust journal entries for all entities.
· Manage the accounting of capital assets and work in process asset jobs.
· Prepare and remit regulatory reporting including GST, PST, Corporate tax installment, US State Sales Taxes, US Business License Taxes, US Personal Property Taxes, Statistics Canada and State business surveys, etc.
· Assist the Finance team with accounts payable and accounts receivable activities when needed.
· Assist the Finance team with any ad-hoc projects to improve system and process efficiency.
· Assist Controller with monthly financial reporting packages and analysis.
· Assist the Controller with the implementation of new accounting policies and processes to ensure compliance with the most updated accounting standards.
· Assist with year-end closing and prepare working papers for external review
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Enrolled and close to the completion of the CPA program is mandatory.
· Minimum 4 years of full cycle accounting experience.
· Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills to meet deadlines.
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated with a willingness to learn.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· A team player with a sense of humor in a professional way.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook and Excel.
· Experience with Syspro is an asset.