Profile: Dynamic and successful publicly traded company with global operations is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team. You will have the opportunity to work with senior level executives and staff throughout the company. Supporting all aspects of product costing, gross margin reporting, inventory valuation and warranty. You are an individual who takes initiative to lead the product costing function.
- Responsible for the Costing Module in Oracle Cloud ERP
- Development of product cost standards for materials, labour and indirect overhead
- Monthly cost accounting activities (journal entry review, inventory and warranty reconciliations, assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and audit)
- Management reporting for purchase price variance, scrap and material usage, overhead spending and
- Business partner and trusted advisor to Operations, Product Line Management, and After-Sales Support
- Working with Product Line Management to support and assess product cost reduction initiatives
- Gross margin reporting by market segment/product line
- Standardization of product cost budget and forecast tools, utilizing MS Excel, Oracle ERP & Microsoft Business Intelligence
- External financial reporting requirements at quarter-end and year-end
- Opportunities to work on other ad hoc and special projects as needed
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of IFRS accounting standards (specifically COGS and inventory valuation)
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office, specifically MS Excel and Power BI.
- Leadership experience in management accounting, budgeting and development of cost accounting processes
- ERP systems experience required; Experience with Oracle ERP is an asset
- Excellent analytical abilities, high attention to detail, and ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Structured, disciplined and organized; a systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills.