Are you interested in data analytics and machine learning? This SAAS company is looking for a Senior Accountant to work closely with the Controller and be fully responsible for all accounting for the Canadian company. Exciting high growth company and products.
Option to work remote during COVID but goal is to have someone in the Vancouver downtown office.
We are looking for an individual with public practice experience with clients that are publicly listed entities. NETSUITE software experience is also a top of the list preference.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and required schedules.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepares variance analyses on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and approves invoices for appropriate accounting treatment
- Understand Accounting principles and can apply them to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Generates standard monthly journal entries plus any other applicable journal entries and ensures they are properly supported.
- Assists with outside auditors, tax preparation and special projects as needed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of status of workload and unexpected projects as they arise.
- Support Controller with special projects including SOX controls, IPO and Canadian Tax issues.
- CPA Senior level student or recent graduate.
- Public practice experience working with publicly listed companies is required. Ideal to have one to two years’ experience in industry as an Accountant is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or closely related field is required.
- Understands Accounting principles and can apply them to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Netsuite, and proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, is required.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills.
- Strong communication to report to US team.
- Able to work independently.