Our client sells and installs flooring to clients all over BC. They are looking for a person to join their accounting team. Reporting to the Financial Controller this person will have a variety of responsibilities including full cycle bookkeeping, payroll, and some accounts payable. Great opportunity to learn and grow with a company.
- Responsible for full cycle bookkeeping duties and month end closing procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile sub-ledgers to G/L monthly.
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules.
- Perform credit card and bank posting and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end procedures.
- Responsible for all regulatory returns (GST, PST, WorkSafeBC & EHT) and WCB claims.
Payroll & HR Functions:
- Payroll processing (bi-weekly), employee maintenance and government requirements on payroll (T4’s, T5s and ROEs).
- Maintain HR documents, update HRIS and ensure employee files are up-to-date.
- Assist with HR support functions.
- Administer extended health plans.
Accounts Payable Functions:
- Review of vendor’s invoices for authorization, documentation and data entry into the accounting system.
- Reconcile vendor statements to A/P sub ledger and follow up with missing information.
- Process payments in the form of cheque runs, credit card payments and other payment methods.
- File paid statements/invoices.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by Management.
- Post-Secondary designation in Bookkeeping, Accounting or related field is preferred, but not necessary.
- Driver’s License (Class 5).
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years full cycle bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience using Sage 50 or RFMS software for day-to-day business accounting and payroll for multiple businesses is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- A team player and ability to work in a collaborative environment