Our client is a well-established, innovative, multi-disciplinary consulting firm of architects, engineers and planners who have won numerous awards for their outstanding work within the civil/municipal industry, including numerous First Nations/remote communities development projects.
They are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Civil Engineer with a strong technical background and knowledge in water, wastewater, roads, and land development to join their team.
Our client is extremely proud of being actively involved in the community development sector and is looking for someone with the same passion. This person will have a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including mentoring the engineering team as well as working alongside a talented team of Architects.
This position offers the opportunity to eventually become an Associate and company’s shareholder. Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation is mandatory.
• Performs complex and varied engineering and project management work.
• Analyzes and assesses requirements to make recommendations for achieving client and project objectives.
• Prepares and reviews proposals, designs, technical reports, and specifications.
• Mentors Engineers-in-Training (EITs), professional engineers, and technical staff.
• Undertakes technical peer reviews and/or verifications.
• Responsible for project budgets and monitors and controls costs.
• Experience working with design modeling software (sanitary, storm, water) is an asset.
• Fosters and maintains strong client relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent titles. Registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (P.Eng) and previous construction experience in Canada are mandatory requirements.
- 8+ years of professional engineering experience with minimum 5 years in Canada.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Holds a valid BC Drivers License (car).
- Ability to function within a team-oriented and energetic work environment.
- Flexible working hours (they are family-oriented and dog friendly!).
- Works in a positive work environment that recognizes the importance of career development.
- Able to travel for client meetings, construction inspections and progress reviews.