Our client is a Canadian-owned, diversified real estate development company headquartered in Vancouver B.C. With over 6.1 million square feet of developments currently in planning and under construction, and already 1 million square feet delivered, They are one of the fastest-growing developers in Metro Vancouver. They have an immediate need for a Senior Development Manager to start working on a very large project in Burnaby (2 towers).
Their focus is on creating innovative projects with sustainable design and their commitment to quality.
They remain supported by their solid financial strengths and world-class management team with a clear focus on long-term sustainable growth in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Responsible for the implementation of the development processes and acting as the main point of control for all stakeholders including consultants, pre-construction consulting team, marketing, and brokers, and liaising with municipal authorities.
- Accountable for project schedules, budgets, and key deliverables (drawings, permits, budgets, etc.).
- Executing the development process from start to finish, with a focus on design excellence and drawing quality reviews, managing the consultant team to ensure accountability to the highest standards in producing adequate designs and drawings while balancing costs to complete.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, cash flows, and milestones using appropriate tools and resources.
- Effectively monitor and control development budget by liaising with internal and external stakeholders including managing the general contractors/consultants in developing and achieving the project budgets and schedules.
- Ensure project milestones are being successfully met.
- Advise in the acquisition and planning of land and properties, report and materialize engineering opportunities, and report risks and issues that surface from time to time, particularly through identifying technical issues during conceptual design and DP phase.
- Create a strong and cohesive project team by assuming a leadership role and capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Guide and command project team members to expand their capabilities and build depth within the local market to expand partnerships with Keltic.
- Assist in assessing, clarifying, and validating team needs on a regular basis while building team relationships to better understand specific needs and identify professional development opportunities.
- Help enhance management processes for project workflow, including the design process, scheduling, RFPs and tendering, contracts, drawing review, owner approvals, permits and approvals, financial applications, and project reporting.
- Travel as needed for company business.
- Preferred degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in various asset classes, including multi-family residential and commercial projects throughout the entire development process.
- Experience in industry and wood frame projects will be an advantage.
- A solid understanding and experience in creating, crafting, and evaluating the feasibility of proformas for diverse projects.
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and leadership skills, coupled with rational and strategic thinking.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision-making -making capabilities.
- An extensive network of contacts within the municipal, consultant, and development communities is highly desirable.