Job Profile: Experienced Executive Assistant is required to support a dynamic entrepreneur. The EA will provide business and personal support to gain additional operating efficiency. This hands-on role requires an energetic person who can handle high pressure, adapt to change and has a strong business acumen. Some travel will be required on Vancouver Island and out of country once borders open to travel. Though remote work is available at this time, we are only considering applicants that are in or will move to Victoria.
- Full discretion and management of Executive’s calendars, email, and contacts including prioritizing critical items, delegating tasks and personally attending to others. Accept or decline call/meeting invitations as appropriate.
- Prepare and edit reports and presentations for use in email outreach, calls, and meetings.
- Establishes work priorities and directs assignment of work to various department staff according to scope of allowed authority.
- Manages complex international multi-leg travel, often requiring continuous changes, and rescheduling. Supply needed documents, flight check-ins, etc to ensure a smooth experience.
- Maintains confidential client information for the business, team, or leadership and ensures information is handled appropriately.
- Responds to inquiries or refers them to the appropriate destination.
- Prepares briefing notes and minutes of meetings.
- Place orders online (Amazon etc). Ship, receive, sort, and distribute packages, as needed.
- Accounts payable and administrative assistance. Process AP invoices for signature. Prepare AR invoices for signature. Scan and organize receipts. Maintain administrative files for insurance, taxes, and other legal documents, keeping track of renewal dates.
- Assist with setting personal appointments, sending cards or gifts, and managing downtime.
- Participate in conference calls as required and attend in-person meetings with team as required (infrequent).
- Management of scheduling and deadlines for events, conferences, etc. Pre-event planning to provide adequate time for preparation and delivery of trade show materials. Coordinate with Marketing Team to schedule appointments concurrent with events as required.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritization
- 5+ years senior executive support level with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Project management experience.
- Advanced-level Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Familiarity with Google applications such as gmail/gsuite and Google Drive
- Familiarity with Dropbox
- Some familiarity with ecommerce platforms including Shopify and Woocommerce
- Hospitality industry experience a plus
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize accordingly to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Creates synergy with team by effectively delegating responsibilities and managing deliverables
- Take a proactive approach in providing support, assistance and cover to other members of the team
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Self-starter who maintains a positive attitude and loves a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines while producing high-quality work.