Our client has been in the geotechnical industry for almost 20 years. They have become one of the largest geotechnical and materials engineering companies in Northern BC. They value teamwork, integrity, mentorship, teamwork and a commitment to delivering exceptional service with the mindset of putting people first. They are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team to support the geotechnical and materials needs. They offer a fun and supportive environment in their new office and lab that houses advanced testing equipment for soils, concrete, asphalt and aggregate.
· Contribute to the development of proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects
· Develop and manage relationships with clients and field personnel.
· Provision of practical and economic solutions to clients
· Review project scope, goals, and deliverables during proposal stage
· Coordinate projects with respect to time, budget, and scope
· Coordinate project resources
· Track deliverables
· Monitor and provide project status updates
· Provide technical expertise and/or direction, and act as a technical advisor to project teams and/or other technical staff within the organization as well as directly with external clients.
· Conduct geotechnical field investigations and monitoring of construction activities
· Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, MSE wall design, slope stability, road structure design, materials testing, and other geotechnical related design
· Prepare and/or review proposals.
· Instrumentation installation and monitoring, vibrating wire piezometer, slope inclinometers, pneumatic piezometers
· High strain dynamic load testing (PDA), CAPWAP, WEAP
· Pile installation of CIP, driven steel and helical piles
· Experience with civil and geotechnical design software such as gINT, AutoCAD, and Slide
· Demonstrated track record in the market sectors of Oil & Gas, Energy, and Transportation
· Experience in clay/soils
· Completed degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
· Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
· 10+ geotechnical experience in Canada (5+ years with P.Eng status)
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Valid BC Driver’s License