Our client is a dynamic and growing group of restaurants head quartered in Vancouver. This is a newly created position for an individual with high energy who enjoys a fast pace.
We are looking for a senior level Strategic HR person with strength in Talent Management and Learning and Development. You will Contribute to the development and execution of Talent Management strategy to support and develop world class talent to help organization growth, includes Learning and Development, Performance Management and Leadership Development plans and initiatives across Canada and US. In partnership with Operation Leadership team (VP and below), responsible for consulting and advising business leaders on talent related topics, opportunities, strategies to identify and implement solutions that meet the development needs of the business. Strategic and hands on, able to shift between strategy development to operation deployment. Experience in developing modern learning system in high volume business size with over 5000 employees.
Learning and Development:
- Oversees organization learning needs from technical knowledge, Soft and functional skills, to Leadership Development
- Owns the learning strategy for the business and provides strategic insights and solutions to leaders on learning priorities and needs. Delivers input and feedback on program design to Business leaders, P&C Leadership and provides recommendations on program execution.
Operation and deployment:
- Accountable for the successful deployment of learning programs and collaborates with Operation leaders to ensure successful execution of learning programs.
- Accountable for current LMS and Identify and maximize opportunities to utilize technology for training content, ensuring cutting edge and modernized training solutions online for our learning demographic (video, online learning modules and tracking systems)
- Participates and represents learning in strategic business plan development and ongoing business meetings / decisions with business line leaders. Identifies the right learning strategy and solutions to meet business objectives, provide strategic direction for the business.
- Utilizes a wide range of people data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective learning strategies to meet the business needs.
Learning model transformation:
- Advocates and champions the learning operating model within the business (drive the modern learning transformation and adoption). Proactively contributes to the transformation of the people and culture operating model, with the aim of creating a globally integrated function that is scalable, flexible, efficient and effective.
- Maintains new and ongoing relationships with external vendors and networks to ensure currency and relevancy of training industry trends and best practices, leverages knowledge to implement solutions to improve/enhance strategies, programs and processes.
- Drive performance management strategy from design to implementation, include framework, design the process, sourcing technology provider to execution
- Bring subject matter expertise and a consultative mindset to assess the current state and create/refresh talent programs including talent assessment, succession planning, performance measurement and metrics, high priority talent identification and development
- Help build solid career path from partner roles to management roles
- Drive corporate leadership strategy and develop framework to help build strong leadership pipeline for operations and corporate
- Project management and implementation of leadership and professional development training programs and training events to include annual delivery calendar, project plans, resources planning, and budget management
- Develops effective measures and ensures appropriate mechanisms exist to continually measure, evaluate, and improve program content and delivery, leveraging both internal and external learning practices
- Post-secondary Degree in Human Resources or Business or related field
- Significant experience in developing and executing learning strategies and solutions in a large complex corporate environment – ideally fortune 500 company or global company
- Degree, certificate, or designation in adult learning is required
- Understanding of hospitality industry is preferred
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
- Strong project management skills
- Effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of learning initiatives and programs
- Experience implementing an upscale LMS system and understand how modern learning works
- Micro learning, peer generated learning, learning bots
- High volume training for multiple locations
- Superior prioritization and time management skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding to allow appropriate partnership with client groups
- Understands how the data relates to actions and results for an individual person or team
- Familiar with 70/20/10 learning principle and Kirk Patrick evaluation model for measure learning ROI