Our client is a successful mechanical engineering consulting firm offering a variety of services across Vancouver Island and Metro Vancouver. They have multiple offices in BC and most of their projects are focused on the residential market (single and multi-family). They are adding a Senior Mechanical Engineer to their Nanaimo, BC location. This individual will assist the Principal Engineer with mentoring, coaching, training, and leading a well-established team of Engineers. This is a Monday to Friday, in-office role requiring a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) designation. Previous experience designing and implementing mechanical/HVAC systems for residential projects is required.
- Project Leadership: Lead and manage mechanical engineering projects (single and multi-residential) from conception to completion, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Design and Development: Develop detailed designs, specifications, and plans for mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and other mechanical components, using Revit/AutoCAD software and engineering principles.
- Technical Expertise: Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and team members, assisting in problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Client Interaction: Collaborate with clients to understand project requirements, provide technical expertise, and ensure alignment with client expectations throughout project lifecycles.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure designs and project deliverables comply with relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards. Prepare technical documentation, reports, and drawings as required.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct quality control assessments and inspections to ensure the integrity and performance of mechanical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in HVAC, plumbing, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software and other relevant engineering tools.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to safety standards and protocols in engineering practices.