Our client is a long-established BC based, mid-sized general contractor working mostly in the commercial, multi-unit residential and institutional sectors. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager for their lower mainland office.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating and managing all job site activities in order to meet clients’ expectations, deadlines and financial goals. Safety, production and quality are the company’s objectives and the Project Manager will be key to their achievement while supporting Superintendents, Project Coordinators and Field Engineers with their performance optimization.
This position offers room for growth and the opportunity to work in a leading and progressive organization!
- Manage planning and logistics activities, from work plans, material approvals, methodologies, equipment, staff and all the other resources necessary to start working on a project and deliver it on time.
- Manage project schedules and oversee Project Superintendents.
- Authorize requisition of equipment, resources and materials to monitor costs and meet budgets.
- Review and negotiate monthly progress estimates and payment schedules as well as contract changes and additional agreements.
- Prepare and approve Daily force Account Reports (DFAR), extra work orders and change orders.
- Make sure testing and inspection requirements for health, environmental, quality and safety plans are performed, documented and submitted to the owner in a timely manner.
- Elaborate and review plans that guarantee project completion in an effective and efficient way.
- Deal with subcontractors and suppliers and lead the project team to deliver a professional service and high-quality products.
- Keep track of all daily activities, meetings and agreements with owner and subcontractors.
- Post-secondary education, ideally in construction related disciplines. Project Management (PMP Certification) or Engineering preferred, or a combination of technical training and experience in the construction industry.
- 5+ years of experience in project management and supervisory roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use construction management and estimating software.
- Ability to lead a team by example to maximize performances.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Understanding of cost control and budget management.
- Results-driven with a strong sense of urgency.
- Driver’s license, clear driving record and ability to occasionally visit job sites outside of Vancouver and Lower Mainland and across British Columbia.