Employment Type: 6 months contract with a solid possibility to prolong
Our client is a fast-growing organization focused on delivering smart, innovative, cloud-based, lending and protection technologies for financial institutions across Canada.
We are looking to hire a Senior QA Analyst to join their team. The candidate will work within the Lending and/or Insurance Technology team and will carry out procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet minimum organization standards and satisfy end-user requirements.
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper behavior and freedom from defects.
- Documents all problems/defects/code dependencies and works to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Using customer-driven use cases, write and execute test plans that verify our solutions meet and exceed the high demands of our growing customer community.
- Perform workflow analysis and recommend quality improvements, attends design review sessions where feedback is required.
- Participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes, including training to new staff.
- Attends appropriate development courses on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a QA Analyst testing web and Windows applications
(exposure to Performance and Integration testing)
- 3+ years applied knowledge of load testing considered an asset
- Exposure to test automation (Selenium, TestComplete, xUnit)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, and TFS source control
- Knowledge/experience in financial services and lending/insurance domains
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders and users
- Experience working within an agile software development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision