Our client is a long-established, family-owned business with a reputation for high quality and customer service. They are a leading supplier of building materials offering a wide variety of products to contractors, renovators, homeowners, and builders in Vancouver and Lower Mainland. Due to an internal succession plan, they are in need of an experienced salesperson who will be groomed to replace the current Assistant Manager who will be retiring within a year.
The ideal candidate is someone with previous experience selling pre-hung doors (mandatory), locks, molding, siding, and related products. This individual, alongside the rest of the sales team, will be a point of reference for existing and prospective customers; therefore, product knowledge will be essential to be successful in this role. Knowledge of home construction and building codes will also be essential.
This is a great opportunity for short-term career advancement and to work for a supportive and well-established organization with very low turn-over and an outstanding reputation within the building materials sector.
- Coordinate the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives
- Create and foster a culture of accountability and performance
- Maintain and constantly improve the organization’s competitive position
- Assist with the management of forecasting/budgeting, inventory, logistics, and all the company’s departments
- Coach and mentor the sales team on sales process and methodology
- Assist with the hiring and training processes
- Provide reports on team and individual performance
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity
- Manage key customer relationships and actively participate in sales activities and in closing strategic opportunities
- Degree in Business Management or related fields or a combination of education and work experience
- 10+ years of sales experience, selling doors and related products
- Self-motivated, driven, proactive individual with excellent communications, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong sales skills and proven sales accomplishments as an outside sales representative