Our client is a large Canadian design and manufacturing company with facilities and offices around the world. They have worked on major national and international projects that often won prestigious awards and international recognition.
Due to their steady growth, they are currently in need of a Senior Structural Engineer who will be responsible for providing leadership and technical support to the structural engineering team as well as customers, external contractors, and consultants.
The ideal candidate is someone with a Civil or Structural Engineering Degree, a Professional Engineering designation in Canada (P.Eng.) or US (P.E.), and exceptional leadership and communications skills. Those are mandatory requirements to be successful in the role.
The company offers opportunities for career advancement and the chance to work in a fast-paced, supportive, growing organization.
- Perform analysis and design of structures using US and Canadian building and design codes/standards.
- Support the Structural Engineering Manager with leading structural design teams and resource planning.
- Review designs for manufacturability and constructability.
- Provide design sketches and coordinate work with draftspersons and other engineering departments during the design development stage.
- Liaise with external consultants and drafting contractors for assigned projects.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Review and check engineering designs and drawings from junior and intermediate team members.
- Complete site inspection as required and assist site superintendents with technical issues.
- Review shop drawings and develop design solutions and modifications when warranted by site conditions.
- Contribute to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction and expert advice on engineering and design solutions.
- Coach and mentor less experienced design and drafting staff.
- Use and lead resolution of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures.
- Support people through positive communication, consideration and cooperation.
- Maintain and follow best practices in Engineering, Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety.
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards.
- Define and align personal development goals with departmental goals.
- Structural or Civil Engineering Degree, with a proven leadership and project management experience.
- A registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng. or P.E.)
- 10+ years of experience related to structural design engineering with a strong background in steel and reinforced concrete design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada and travel internationally, when required.