Our client is a well-established general contracting firm with in-house Carpenters and a Design Development team. They specialize in high-end, single-family residential homes, mostly in Vancouver (Shaughnessy, Point Grey, Kitsilano, etc.) and Whistler.
Due to their organic growth, they are adding a Site Superintendent to their existing team. The ideal candidate is someone with previous experience working on highly customized residential projects, preferably in the >$5MIL range with a duration of 30 to 60 months. Candidates with no residential experience will not be considered for this role.
The company offers work-life balance, a supportive and collaborative environment, and the opportunity to oversee the projects independently and with little supervision.
- Assist the office teams in the development and implementation of work plans and methodologies.
- Support the team with material approvals, management of equipment, staff, resources prior to the beginning of the project.
- Make sure safe work practices are implemented and productivity and schedules are properly managed.
- Discuss any issues with the project team and report any concerns to the office.
- Request on time any labour, equipment or subcontractors to the office teams.
- Ensure quality control and safety standards are met.
- Prepare site reports that include the status of the construction schedule and receive, approve, submit daily hourly time sheets with all the necessary details for job costing.
- Receive and approve subtrades, suppliers, trucking documentation and send it to the office.
- Oversee the care of company vehicles, tools and equipment and ensure all of them are returned to safe and protected areas at the end of each work shift.
- Post-secondary education, ideally in construction related disciplines, or a combination of technical training and experience in the construction industry. Previous experience managing residential sites is mandatory.
- 3+ years of experience in site supervisory roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use construction management software.
- Ability to manage job-sites crews and evaluate their performance.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Understanding of cost control and budget management.
- Results-driven with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Driver’s license, clear driving record.