Our client is a well-established general contracting firm specializing in residential renovations and remodels. They are adding a Site Supervisor to their team and the ideal candidate is someone with previous field experience in residential renovations and/or new custom home construction in British Columbia. Knowledge of BC Codes is mandatory, as well as the ability to handle 5-10 small projects at the time. Projects vary from $50k to $500k.
The company offers a great work-life balance and a supportive and collaborative environment. Every employee is treated fairly and like a family member, which means stability and a very low turn-over!
- Assist the office teams in the development and implementation of work plans and methodologies.
- Support the team with material approvals, management of equipment, staff, resources before the beginning of the project.
- Make sure safe work practices are implemented and productivity and schedules are properly managed.
- Discuss any issues with the project team and report any concerns to the office.
- Request on time any labor, equipment or subcontractors to the office teams.
- Ensure quality control and safety standards are met.
- Prepare site reports that include the status of the construction schedule and receive, approve, submit daily hourly timesheets with all the necessary details for job costing.
- Receive and approve sub-trades, suppliers, trucking documentation and send it to the office.
- Oversee the care of company vehicles, tools and equipment and ensure all of them are returned to safe and protected areas at the end of each work shift.
- Post-secondary education, ideally in construction-related disciplines, or a combination of technical training and experience in the construction industry. Previous experience managing residential sites is mandatory.
- 2+ years of experience in site supervisory roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to use construction management software.
- Ability to manage job-sites crews and evaluate their performance.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of cost control and budget management.
- Results-driven with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Driver’s license, clean driving record.