Our client is a medical technology company focused on commercializing smart implants. They are looking for a Staff Accountant who is responsible for performing monthly close activities and accounting functions. Duties are performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements and required ad-hoc schedules.
· Reconciling balance sheet accounts and investigate P&L variances.
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts.
· Prepares and analyzes specific accounting statements and reports to assist in the preparation of financial statements, tax reports, and other internal and external reports as required.
· Coordinates with other departments to achieve cost planning targets.
· Prepare interim and year-end audit schedules as necessary.
· Assists with outside auditors, tax preparation and special projects as needed.
· Assist in reconciling, processing, and filing annual 1099 tax forms with IRS.
· Minimum three years or more of progressive accounting experience.
· BA/BS in accounting, finance, economics, or closely related field is required.
· Experience with accounting software, preferably Oracle NetSuite.
· CPA Students or recently designated preferred.
· Audit experience is a plus.
· Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, is required.
· Must be detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills.