Our client is a unique grocery market offering a large selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full-service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy and breads, a bulk foods section and new coffee bar, and is now staffed by over 100 Team Members!
They are passionate about sustainability and the believe in a locally focused purchasing philosophy which are values that they would like to share with all employees and customers.
Due to their rapid growth, they created a new Store Manager position to elevate the strategic level of the organization. The ideal candidate is someone with experience working in fast-paced environments (such as Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Farmers Markets, etc.) and strong leadership and organizational skills. The Store Manager will be part of a collaborative team inclusive of Departments Management, HR and Marketing Teams, with a main objective to successfully increase the operational efficiency of the entire grocery store, fostering a business culture of innovation and continuous quality improvement.
Someone with the ability to lead by example, mentor and coach all the Department Managers is what our client is looking for. This is a great opportunity for career advancement and to work for an innovative organization that already won many awards and intends to make the customer experience even better!
- Degree or Diploma in business or related fields, or a combination of education and work experience.
- Training or education in Management & Leadership an asset.
- Strong organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years of progressive relevant industry experience (ideally in retail and/or food service).
- Experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and a general aptitude to learn software and systems.
- Strong business communication skills, both oral and written.
- A high-level appreciation for details and a love of organization.