Our client is a well-established organization offering structural design solutions for commercial and residential projects in British Columbia. They are growing and looking for a Structural Engineer in Training (EIT) to perform structural analysis and design of wood frame, concrete, steel, and masonry within the residential, multi-family and light commercial sectors.
Civil Engineering Degree with structural specialization, EGBC designation, and previous experience in wood frame design (through school or hands-on experience) are required to be considered for this role.
The position will be based at their Vancouver office and offers significant growth and career advancement opportunities.
- Structural analysis and design of wood frame, concrete, steel, seismic and masonry within the residential, multi-family and light commercial sectors
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines to ensure cost effective structural drawings that meet the clients’ needs/requirements
- Full project life cycle from assessment, design, permit application and services during construction while following Company Engineering’s Professional Practice Plan
- Coordination with engineering drafting department to ensure company guidelines and standards are met
- Review and approval of shop drawings developed based on engineering structural drawings
- Coordination with general contractors and site to ensure all revisions to projects are up to date and fall within code requirements
- Responding to requests for information/revisions from site
- Scheduling and attending Site inspections to ensure construction is proceeding in accordance with Engineering’s structural drawings
- Technical writing of reports (insurance claims, structural analysis of a site, etc.)
- Ensuring to meet project deadlines and client expectations while managing multiple projects
- Coordinating with Management for scheduling, deadlines, etc.
- Tracking all time associated with each job and entering it into the project management software
- Degree in Civil Engineering with a structural specialization
- Work related experience with seismic design, wood frame, steel and/or concrete preferred
- EGBC registration is required
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to write a comprehensive technical report
- Computer design and dynamic analysis
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually with limited supervision
- Ability to conceptualize in 3D
- Experience with S-Frame and SAP
- Experience with Woodworks
- Experience on the tools an asset
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of NBC, BCBC, VBBL
- Ability to report to management regarding scheduling and deadlines
- Valid BC Driver’s license Class 5 and own transport