Our client is a locally established food producer well- known for its quality products distributed across British Columbia. The HQ of the company is based on Vancouver Island with more offices covering the mainland.
We are looking for their new Packaging Supervisor who will be important member of the team and will interact cross-functionally to ensure business objectives are aligned. Reporting directly to the Packaging Manager, the full-time Packaging Supervisor will be responsible for the management, training and building of our growing team. He/she will be a strong leader with great communication skills able to implement the innovative changes within the company.
- Planning, coordinating and organizing the storage and packaging of product in the packaging department
- Managing the day to day operations of the packaging department
- Initiating problem solving in packaging to improve results
- Utilize equipment, supplies and personnel to maximize productivity
- Manage, rework and tote inventory daily
- Meet production output targets including yields and volume
- Ensuring packaging and inventory personnel fulfil their responsibilities for workplace hygiene and organization, inventory stock counts, rotation of inventory and the movement of inventory
- Initiating a continuous improvement action plans when necessary
- Assisting in the development of standard operating procedures and processes within existing equipment and practices
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in packaging, bakery, food production, or manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated and self-driven individual with the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently manage time and priorities in fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, mentoring and troubleshooting skills