Our client is focused on energy production. We are looking for Surveyor or Junior Engineer to join their team. Candidates will be expected to work Monday to Thursday, 10-hour days. The mine site is located about 2 hours from Edmonton and reports to the Engineering Manager.
Our client will provide relocation assistance and competitive remuneration for the right candidate. Candidates can live in the nearest town or commute from Edmonton.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, this person will collect and interpret field survey data to support and maintain mine operations, engineering, permitting, and reclamation activities. He or she will also coordinate, plan, and perform detailed surveys in accordance with accepted procedures, accuracy standards and survey methodology to ensure compliance of mining activities to applicable regulations and laws.
- Support mining and production operations.
- Perform surveys required for continued environmental compliance.
- Provide and maintain ground control for drone aerial photography.
- Perform related survey work as required.
- We are looking for mining engineer candidates who are newly graduated with little experience who are willing to do surveying for 1 year, before transitioning to short range planning.
- We will also consider candidates with a technical diploma related to surveying who are looking to build a career as a surveyor (such as Geomatics Engineering Technology).
- Willing to relocate or commute to a small town, 2 hours from Edmonton.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail, problem solver, and highly organized.