Our client is a multi-national mining company. We are looking for a Sustainability Manager to join their team. This individual will be responsible for various sustainability reports and roadmaps, due diligence, and ensuring the company is in line with recognized frameworks and best practices.
- Development and execution of the company’s sustainability report and strategy.
- Manage the reporting and compliance with the various sustainability frameworks (SASB, TCFD and GRI).
- Stay up to date on sustainability best practices to ensure the company is a leader.
- Prepare, administer, and calculate emissions questionnaires, adhering to GHG standards.
- Provide expert level advice on sustainability related issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Recommend long term strategies to ensure compliance and leadership within the space.
- Exercise due diligence on corporate development opportunities through research and site visits.
- Prepare reports on sustainability results/monitoring.
- Manage corporate social responsibility budgets.
- Collaborate with the company’s partners for social and environmental initiatives.
- Update the board and management quarterly on various initiatives.
- Interact with various sustainability platforms to share information and data.
- Collaborate cross functionally across multiple departments.
- Liaise and partner with consultants as needed.
- University degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing sustainability strategies and initiatives in the mining/natural resource sector.
- A good understanding of the appropriate frameworks and best practices (including reporting standards and industry guidelines as they relate to corporations and mining).
- Organized, driven and personable.
- Able to work out the company’s downtown Vancouver office.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work cross-functionally across teams.
- Experience in the mining industry is a must.